Animal feed is a starting point in the production chain for producing quality meat and food because it is an important factor affecting animal health and animal wellness. The Company has therefore placed emphasis on creating feed production innovation and continually developed animal nutrition technology, enabling the Company to produce quality feeds according to international standards while staying cost competitive and distributing the products at appropriate prices for farmer. The Company’s main products are swine feed, chicken feed and shrimp feed, in various formats, including feed concentrate, powdered feed, and tablet. Animal feed are mainly produced and distributed locally. The Company engages in the feed business in 11 countries around the world i.e., Thailand, Vietnam, India, Republic of China (Taiwan), Turkey, Malaysia, Philippines, Cambodia, Laos, Russia and a joint venture in China and Canada. Total sales of the feed business in the year 2021 is 127,072 million baht or 25% of total sales of the Company
Animal feeds business is a core business which the Company gives importance. The Company has continuously developed innovation for production process to obtain quality animal feeds starting from considering proper location, selecting quality raw materials, applying proper nutrition formula to meet specific nutrition requirements for different types of animal and different life stages, using modern technologies such as computerized system to control production process, including developing effective logistic system. At present, the Company’s main products include swine feeds, chicken feeds, duck feeds, shrimp feeds and fish feed.
- The Company emphasizes the importance of location and design of its facilities. The right location is carefully selected to ensure complete utilities, adequate water resource, and not effect to biodiversity and contamination prevention measure based on the health and safety principles. The factory is thus designed based on the green factory concept, taking into account the environment and surrounding communities, and equipped with dust and odor management in case of emission from the feed production process.
- Feed formula is essential part of animal feed production to ensure suitable nutrition for animals of different ages and stages so as to promote healthy growth.
- Raw materials, main raw materials comprise of corn, soybean meals, fish meal, rice bran, as well as vitamins and minerals. Our top quality products begin with procurement of raw materials of high quality and certification of product standards; and our procurement policy prioritizes purchasing from local sources in order to support local farmers. In 2021, the Company purchased rice and rice products for further use in animal feed production to support farmers affected by the rice price crisis.
- Production and quality control, the Company constantly integrates automation into its operations; and the automated manufacturing process is with international standards and certified by independent third-party organizations.
- Sales and after-sales services, the Company understands that the success of animal farmers leads to mutual sustainable growth of our partners and our business. Thus, the Company stresses on knowledge sharing in animal farming and proper feed usage. The Company engages in direct distribution of feed products to farmers through the Company’s point of sales and dealers, as well as develops online feed sales to ensure greater access to farmers in remote areas. The feed market has seen continued growth in line with the rising demand of meat consumption and the expanding modern industrial farming.